Oklahoma State basketball: Cowgirls roll past Iowa State
The No. 17 Cowgirls used lockdown defense and fast-paced offense to roll past No. 24 Iowa State 71-42 Sunday afternoon at Gallagher-Iba Arena.
And is it fun to play at that furious pace? Oh yeah, Donohoe said as her eyes lit up.
“We just kind of got into a flow,” Donohoe said. “We were having fun. (Bias) was distributing the ball to everybody, and everybody was scoring. If one person wasn't open, we passed to another and someone else scored.”
The victory was OSU's third consecutive by double digits since dropping its first two conference games. And Sunday's win showed how the Cowgirls have already progressed since a disappointing home loss to Texas Tech to open Big 12 play two weeks ago.
Hallie Christofferson led Iowa State with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
For the first time this season, Littell said, the Cowgirls played a complete 40 minutes.
“Even in the games that we had won,” Littell said, “we'd had stretches where there were seven or eight minutes where didn't score or we were fouling and sending somebody to the free-throw line.
“Success leads to success and we needed to learn how to play hard for that long.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad