Oklahoma State basketball: Jim Littell talks Bedlam women, win over TCU
Cowgirls coach Jim Littell talked about beginning a new season when Oklahoma State finished the first half of Big 12 play 4-5.
NORMAN — Jim Littell talked about beginning a new season when Oklahoma State finished the first half of Big 12 play 4-5.
Videoview all videos
Feb 8Will the Thunder be ready when the Heat comes to town...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The No. 22 Cowgirls started the right way with a 76-59 home victory over TCU on Tuesday night. Next comes the first Bedlam clash of the season against No. 23 Oklahoma at 4 p.m. Sunday in Norman.
The OSU coach talked with The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell about that matchup.
After watching the film, what did you most take away from the win against TCU?
We played pretty well defensively. Maybe didn't cover the 3s as well as we wanted to, but we limited their looks inside and didn't send them to the free-throw line very much. And then we shot a high percentage ourselves. Shooting 50 percent from the floor, I thought that was a big bonus for us.
Kendra Suttles continues to play well since being inserted into the starting lineup. She's scored in double figures in five of the past six games. Where has she most helped this team?
Obviously, she's helping us by being pretty consistent and putting up some double-digit (scoring) games, but she's also rebounding the ball well and we use her a lot to pass the ball and distribute the ball. She's been very solid in a lot of different ways.
How much can your team prove in facing a ranked opponent on the road in a rivalry game?
It's a big challenge for us, but it's a great opportunity to go down there and play in a Bedlam game. It's going to be an exciting atmosphere. We've got quite a few kids from Oklahoma on our roster that I know are excited to play.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14121OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13945Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8893Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6932Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5880Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5330Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5280Student shot dead during botched home invasion