Oklahoma State basketball: Jim Littell talks Bedlam women, win over TCU
Cowgirls coach Jim Littell talked about beginning a new season when Oklahoma State finished the first half of Big 12 play 4-5.
NORMAN — Jim Littell talked about beginning a new season when Oklahoma State finished the first half of Big 12 play 4-5.
Videoview all videos
Feb 8Will the Thunder be ready when the Heat comes to town...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The No. 22 Cowgirls started the right way with a 76-59 home victory over TCU on Tuesday night. Next comes the first Bedlam clash of the season against No. 23 Oklahoma at 4 p.m. Sunday in Norman.
The OSU coach talked with The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell about that matchup.
After watching the film, what did you most take away from the win against TCU?
We played pretty well defensively. Maybe didn't cover the 3s as well as we wanted to, but we limited their looks inside and didn't send them to the free-throw line very much. And then we shot a high percentage ourselves. Shooting 50 percent from the floor, I thought that was a big bonus for us.
Kendra Suttles continues to play well since being inserted into the starting lineup. She's scored in double figures in five of the past six games. Where has she most helped this team?
Obviously, she's helping us by being pretty consistent and putting up some double-digit (scoring) games, but she's also rebounding the ball well and we use her a lot to pass the ball and distribute the ball. She's been very solid in a lot of different ways.
How much can your team prove in facing a ranked opponent on the road in a rivalry game?
It's a big challenge for us, but it's a great opportunity to go down there and play in a Bedlam game. It's going to be an exciting atmosphere. We've got quite a few kids from Oklahoma on our roster that I know are excited to play.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36331Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15449Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9864Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9824Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9353Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7992Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7895Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister