Oklahoma State basketball: Kendra Suttles' versatility a big plus for Cowgirls
No. 18 OSU plays host to Texas State on Wednesday night.
Oklahoma State vs. Texas State
*When: 7 p.m. Wednesday
*Where: Gallagher-Iba Arena, Stillwater
*Radio: KGFY-FM 105.5
“That's a change for Kendra Suttles,” Littell said. “A very positive change. I'm proud of her that she's playing harder.”
Added Suttles: “Last year, (Littell) used to get on me a lot about not playing hard. I know if I'm getting on the floor, that's me trying to play hard. I'm just trying to do a lot of that more this year.”
Suttles started 20 games a season ago, and Littell said he's open to tweaking this year's lineup at times for specific personnel matchups. For now, though, Suttles is a key component of a relatively thin bench for the Cowgirls.
And she's happy to fill any role that's needed.
“I'm willing to play whatever position my team needs me to,” she said. “I don't really like to just score that much. I like to help my team out and do what I have to.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister