Oklahoma State basketball: No. 12 Cowgirls fall at Kansas State
MANHATTAN, Kan. — Brittany Chambers scored 26 points, and Kansas State rode its 3-point shooting to a 76-70 overtime upset of No. 12 Oklahoma State on Wednesday night.
Chambers made six of Kansas State's 16 3-pointers. Haley Texada added 14 points and Midwest City's Mariah White had 11 for the Wildcats (12-7, 3-4 Big 12), who made just seven shots from inside the arc and shot 35 percent overall.
Del City's Toni Young scored 22 points, and Brittney Martin chipped in 15 for the Cowgirls (14-3, 3-3), who forced overtime on Tiffany Bias' jumper with 8 seconds left in regulation. But OSU never led in the extra session and saw its three-game winning streak snapped.
Oklahoma State shot a respectable 46 percent from the floor, but the Cowgirls, who entered the game averaging a Big 12-leading 6.8 more turnovers per game than their opponents, committed an uncharacteristic 18 turnovers to the Wildcats' nine.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated