Oklahoma State basketball notebook: A Kansas hangover for Cowboys?
Moving on to next game was not easy for Pokes; fans, students offered congrats in days following win over Kansas.
Videoview all videos
Feb 7Markel Brown hit the game-winning shot with 0.2 seconds...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
COWBOYS SURPASS 2011-12 WIN TOTAL
As OSU pushed its winning streak to four games, it also improved its overall record to 16-5, surpassing the win total for all of last season.
And nine conference regular season games remain.
The Cowboys finished 15-18 a year ago.
“Last year, just a lot of adversity,” Cobbins said. “I think it's just the toughness of the team. Sticking together, and just wanting to do it for everybody else. Everybody coming together on the court and playing as a unit, on the same page, and have the same mindset. And give it up for 40 minutes.”
SMART PUSHES THROUGH
For Marcus Smart, his stat line against Baylor wasn't pretty, with a career-worst 4-for-21 shooting night providing a major blemish.
Still, there were plenty of positives, too.
Smart finished with seven assists and four steals, with no turnovers. He also made 5-of-6 shots from the foul line and led the Cowboys with 14 points.
“I played decent,” he said. “It's not one of my best games, but I did what I had to do to help my team win. I had seven assists and four steals and zero turnovers. That's what you want out of your point guard.
“My shot wasn't falling for me. My teammates, they were on tonight. They came through in the clutch and that's all I'm worried about.”
Saturday: at Texas, 12:45 p.m.
Wednesday: at Texas Tech, 6 p.m.
Feb. 16: Oklahoma, 12:45 p.m.
By John Helsley
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12576OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6843Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6546Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5838Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4955Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4777Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers