Oklahoma State basketball notebook: Rowdy returns to Gallagher-Iba Arena
With No. 10 Gonzaga venturing in as the first ranked nonconference opponent to play in GIA since 1989 — and the first top-10 nonconference foe in more than 30 years — a near-packed house was in place and clearly enjoying a battle of Top 25 teams, won in the final seconds by the Bulldogs, 69-68.
Photoview all 20 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Cowboys forward Le'Bryan Nash did not start for the first time this season, due to a minor disciplinary issue.
“Nothing serious or anything, just late for a meeting,” Ford said. “Nothing big.”
Still, big enough for Ford to sit Nash against the nation's 10th-ranked team.
“If you're going to be late,” Ford said, “there are going to be some penalties.”
Freshman guard Phil Forte made his first career start in Nash's place.
UP NEXT: KANSAS STATE
With the nonconference portion of the schedule complete, the Cowboys head for their Big 12 opener Saturday at Kansas State.
The Wildcats are 10-2 and ranked No. 25.
Tip time is 12:45 p.m.
ZAGS COMPLETE BIG 12 SWEEP
Gonzaga's nonconference schedule featured five Big 12 foes — West Virginia, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Baylor and OSU.
And the Bulldogs went 5-0, with the win over the Cowboys the tightest.
“This is a heck of a road win for us,” said Bulldogs coach Mark Few. “I mean, never experienced this place before. It's loud and the Cowboys play really hard and really inspired in here. To withstand all the rallies and to make plays on the defensive end and the offensive end and really get after them on the glass the way we did, just a great night for us.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister