Oklahoma State basketball notebook: Travis Ford kept KU reminders coming
OSU coach wanted Cowboys to remember that Horned Frogs were capable of pulling another upset.
OSU has proved to be, at least of late, a team that takes care of its business.
And the Cowboys did again Wednesday night, rolling past TCU 64-47.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Still, Travis Ford figures he has to do his part, too.
So as the Cowboys prepared for their visit to last-place TCU, he kept reminding his team of the Horned Frogs' stunning 63-50 win over Kansas back on Feb. 6 — TCU's lone Big 12 win in a 1-14 first season in the conference.
“Coach Ford was always talking about it,” said Cowboys sophomore Le'Bryan Nash, “‘If it can happen to Kansas, it can happen to us.'
“We respect TCU a lot. We respect what they did against Kansas. We just put our heads together and came out with a win.”
Not that he needed it, but Ford got more ammunition Wednesday night, when Penn State knocked off No. 4 Michigan. It was the first Big Ten win for the Nittany Lions, who moved to 1-14 in conference play and 9-18 overall.
“Yeah, we reminded them a lot of, ‘If you're not ready to play and focused and locked in, anybody can win,' Ford said. “Penn State beat Michigan tonight. Anything can happen.
“I'm worried about every game, but these games can jump up and bite you.”
TCU'S JOHNSON CREDITS COWBOYS
First-year Horned Frogs coach Trent Johnson pushes on through what he hopes is a transition season to better days ahead at TCU.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments