For the second straight game, Cowboys point guard Marcus Smart found himself sitting for an extended period due to foul trouble.
Ford sat his star much of the first half, with Smart playing but six minutes in the period and 21 minutes overall.
“He's an aggressive, physical player, that's who he is,” Ford said. “Some of them … there's good fouls and bad fouls. He's picking up a couple that don't need to be had. We've got to work on that, definitely.”
With Smart not as needed against Tech, Ford admitted that there may have been some benefit in sitting Smart, who has played nearly nonstop since a summer run with Team USA.
“In the second half, I wanted him to play a little bit — I wanted him to get into a flow,” Ford said. “But also, I was telling the coaches that maybe I should just get him out and rest him for Monday.”
Monday: at Baylor, 4:30 p.m.
Saturday: West Virginia, noon
Jan. 30: Iowa State, 7 p.m.
* Oklahoma State held Texas Tech to just 45 points on 28.3 percent shooting. It marks the seventh time this season that the Cowboys have held an opponent below 50 points, and the shooting from the floor was the second-lowest of the season (Tennessee shot just 26 percent). Not since 1962-63 has OSU held seven or more opponents under 50 points; that year, the Cowboys held 10 opponents under 50 points.
* Brown scored 21 points against the Red Raiders, his second 20-point game of the season and his 12th-consecutive double-figure scoring game. His six assists were a season high.
* Forte's 19 points were three shy of his career best of 22 he scored against Tennessee Tech. It was his eighth double-figure game of the season.
* OSU's 50 percent shooting (8 of 16) from beyond the arc is a season high, besting a 7 of 15 (.467) effort against Portland State.
* Sophomore forward Marek Soucek made his first appearance in a game since Nov. 16, having missed the last 12 games with a knee injury.
* Sophomore guard Christian Sager matched his career high with five points against the Red Raiders.
Cut pounds of stomach fat every week by using this 1 weird old tip.