“I thought about it the whole time,” he said. “That's why I bobbled (the ball). But I knew I was going to get it down.”
COWBOYS EXCEL AT HANDOUTS
OSU matched its season high with 19 assists, led by Gardner's seven.
The Cowboys actually had more than twice as many players with assists (8) than Tennessee Tech had assists (3). The Golden Eagles were held to zero assists in the first half.
“They took us out of everything we wanted to do with their physicality,” said Tech coach Steve Payne.
* With a 10-1 mark before Christmas, OSU has now started 10-1 or better in 8 of the last 12 and 10 of the last 16 seasons.
* The Cowboys allowed just 19 points in the first half, the fourth time in the last five games that the opponent has scored fewer than 20 points before intermission.
* Forte's six 3s against Tennessee Tech provided a team season high. He has had at least two 3s in five-straight games and has made at least one in every game this season.
* With four steals against the Golden Eagles, Marcus Smart now has 30 on the season. That moves him past Keiton Page (29 steals) and into fifth place on the OSU freshman steals list.
* OSU's 11 3-pointers as a team were a season high and the most since the Cowboys had 11 against Kansas last season in Stillwater.
* OSU's defense held an opponent below 50 points for the fifth time this season.