Oklahoma State basketball: TCU upsets No. 23 Cowgirls
FORT WORTH, Texas — Delisa Gross hit the game-winning shot with 1:04 remaining, and TCU closed the game on an 11-0 run, defeating No. 23 Oklahoma State 64-63 Wednesday night for its first Big 12 victory of the season.
The Horned Frogs (8-17, 1-13 Big 12) trailed 63-53 after Oklahoma State's Tiffany Bias nailed a 3-pointer with 5:01 remaining. But TCU got two 3-pointers from Zahna Medley, a basket by Natalie Ventress and a free throw from Donielle Breaux before Gross hit the game-winner.
The Cowgirls (18-7, 7-7) had two turnovers and were 0 for 5 from the field in the final five minutes, including a pair of 3-point attempts by Kendra Suttles in the final minute.
Gross finished with 13 points for TCU, Breaux had 12, Medley 11 and Ventress 10.
Liz Donohoe led Oklahoma State with 22 points. Toni Young added 18 points and 13 rebounds, and Suttles had 11 points.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M