Oklahoma State basketball: TCU upsets No. 23 Cowgirls
FORT WORTH, Texas — Delisa Gross hit the game-winning shot with 1:04 remaining, and TCU closed the game on an 11-0 run, defeating No. 23 Oklahoma State 64-63 Wednesday night for its first Big 12 victory of the season.
The Horned Frogs (8-17, 1-13 Big 12) trailed 63-53 after Oklahoma State's Tiffany Bias nailed a 3-pointer with 5:01 remaining. But TCU got two 3-pointers from Zahna Medley, a basket by Natalie Ventress and a free throw from Donielle Breaux before Gross hit the game-winner.
The Cowgirls (18-7, 7-7) had two turnovers and were 0 for 5 from the field in the final five minutes, including a pair of 3-point attempts by Kendra Suttles in the final minute.
Gross finished with 13 points for TCU, Breaux had 12, Medley 11 and Ventress 10.
Liz Donohoe led Oklahoma State with 22 points. Toni Young added 18 points and 13 rebounds, and Suttles had 11 points.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad