Oklahoma State basketball: Tests keep coming for Cowgirls
After dropping its Big 12 opener at home, OSU goes on the road to face No. 2 Baylor on Sunday.
Entering Wednesday, Oklahoma State had not lost in 16 games. Or in nearly 10 months.
Then the Cowgirls dropped their Big 12 opener to Texas Tech, a contest senior post Lindsey Keller identified as a wake-up call.
No. 13 Oklahoma State at No. 2 Baylor
When: 4:30 p.m. Sunday
Where: Ferrell Center, Waco, Texas
TV: FSOK (Cox 37), FCS (Cox 271)
Radio: KGFY-FM 105.5
THREE THINGS TO KNOW
*Baylor is the first ranked opponent Oklahoma State will face this season.
*OSU ranks third in the nation in scoring offense (85.9 points per game), while Baylor is fifth (83.1 points per game).
*Baylor's only loss came to No. 4 Stanford on Nov. 16.
If that wasn't, the environment waiting Sunday afternoon in Waco, Texas, when the No. 13 Cowgirls take on No. 2 and defending national champion Baylor certainly will be.
“Baylor's Baylor,” Keller said after taking a long exhale. “They're great. But just how we come out and play against them is really going to say a lot about who we are and how we're going to develop and become more together as a team.”
A team that still largely feels it let one slip away against Tech. The Cowgirls couldn't capitalize on a strong start that saw them dart out to an early 15-point lead before eventually falling in the game's final minute.
Next on tap for OSU? Eight consecutive contests against teams that made the NCAA Tournament a year ago, including two straight against ranked opponents in Baylor and No. 21 Kansas.
Welcome to life in the Big 12, Keller said.
“The teams we're going to play now, they're going to make runs,” she said. “They're going to come back at it. They're not just going to roll over and die.
“You've just got to just find that grit in you and push through that and stay focused through the whole game.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7078Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6616OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5593Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4449Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4211Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater