Oklahoma State basketball: Tests keep coming for Cowgirls
After dropping its Big 12 opener at home, OSU goes on the road to face No. 2 Baylor on Sunday.
No. 13 Oklahoma State at No. 2 Baylor
When: 4:30 p.m. Sunday
Where: Ferrell Center, Waco, Texas
TV: FSOK (Cox 37), FCS (Cox 271)
Radio: KGFY-FM 105.5
THREE THINGS TO KNOW
*Baylor is the first ranked opponent Oklahoma State will face this season.
*OSU ranks third in the nation in scoring offense (85.9 points per game), while Baylor is fifth (83.1 points per game).
*Baylor's only loss came to No. 4 Stanford on Nov. 16.
He showered more praise earlier this week. First to star Brittney Griner, who he called “probably the most prolific female player that's ever played the game.” Then to the rest of the Baylor's starting five that all returns from last season's title team. Then to a Lady Bear bench that is deeper and has added two more McDonald's All-Americans in freshmen Niya Johnson and Alexis Prince.
Littell has stressed to his team that losing to Tech at home Wednesday now means the Cowgirls must make up for it with a conference win on the road.
But he recognizes the challenge Sunday's contest in Waco presents.
“They've seen every type of defense that you can see right now, every attempt to stop Brittney Griner,” he said of Baylor. “It's just a seasoned team that understands how to play.
“They're probably better than ever.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 83313Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 56374Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33323Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 23846Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 23231Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8483Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8265Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters