Oklahoma State basketball: Texas Tech ends Cowgirls' 17-game winning streak
“We just want her to catch and shoot,” Tech coach Kristy Curry said of Brown. “And she finally did when it probably mattered most. I was happy for her. It was a big shot, just the guts to take that shot.”
Bias finished with 27 points, arguably too many for a team that entered the game leading the nation in scoring but thrives on its balanced attack. It didn't help that top scorer Toni Young, who tallied 12 points and 12 rebounds, battled foul trouble all night and was forced to the bench after her fifth foul with 1:16 remaining.
“We're not deep enough and talented enough when Young goes to the bench to cover that,” Littell said. “I don't think many teams are when they lose their top post player.
“It's a situation where she's got to be smart, play aggressive defense but not make any stupid fouls and make sure she stays on the floor for us.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit