At stake: House Bill 1917 would require every state agency that receives federal funding to report and prioritize it, as well as develop a contingency plan in preparation for a 25 percent cut in federal funds.
• What happened: Passed the House, 67-23.
• What's next: A parliamentary action was taken to possibly bring it up for another vote in the House.
• At stake: House Bill 1622 would allow a person with an Oklahoma handgun permit to carry a firearm on private elementary or private secondary school property if a policy has been adopted by the private school.
• What happened: Passed the House 69-21.
• What's next: Goes to the Senate.
MICHAEL MCNUTT, CAPITOL BUREAU