Oklahoma State coach John Smith 'sick' about IOC's decision
The former Olympic champion from Del City vowed that the sport will fight to regain its place in the Games.
Videoview all videos
Feb 12Uncut interview with John Smith on Tuesday's decision to...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“We have over a million wrestlers just in the United States. There's not a million athletes in some of the sports that are participating in the Olympics.”
The decision to kick wrestling out of the Olympics is personal for wrestlers in Oklahoma, he said.
“It's probably our most successful sport in the Olympics for the state,” Smith said. “I'm fighting for that 12-year-old kid in Oklahoma. I'm fighting for that kid that has that dream.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 64632Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14648Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8984Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7016Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6971How to help tornado victims
- 6471Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6275Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes