The Oklahoman’s preseason state college football power poll:
1. East Central (6-5): Quarterback Spencer Bond threw for 2,811 yards and 23 touchdowns last season as a sophomore.
2. Langston (6-4): The Lions had three freshmen — quarterback Mark Wright Jr., wide receiver Cedric Jackson and running back Kievon Jackson — in the starting lineup last season.
3. Southwestern (6-5): Can the Bulldogs replace quarterback Dustin Stenta and fullback/tight end Ryan Corbin?
4. Central Oklahoma (2-8): The Bronchos have two stud receivers in Christian Hood and Marquez Clark.
5. Bacone (7-4): Coach T.J. Rubly and Co. are building a solid program in Muskogee.
6. Oklahoma Baptist (3-8): Last season’s lumps might pay off this fall — if the Bison can protect the football.
7. Northeastern (2-9): Defensive back Kyler Harris returns after leading the RiverHawks with 107 tackles and three interceptions.
8. Southeastern (2-9): Running back Devlon Wortham was Great American Conference Freshman of the Year last season.
9. Panhandle State (4-7): Quarterback Caleb Holbrook and running back Chris McClendon are USA Football Network preseason All-Americans.
10. Northwestern (2-9): Coach Alan Hall said, “This is probably the best collection of talent that we’ve had since we’ve been here.”
11. Southern Nazarene (0-11): Crimson Storm is now a full-fledged NCAA Division II member.
*Last season’s records are in parenthesis