Oklahoma state college football roundup: Central Oklahoma falls to Pittsburg State
Anthony Abenoja threw for 296 yards and accounted for three touchdowns Saturday night, and Pittsburg State (Kan.), the No. 1-ranked team in NCAA Division II football, downed Central Oklahoma 34-19 before 10,754 fans at Carnie Smith Stadium.
Southern Nazarene (0-2) will play its third consecutive road game next Saturday, at Friends (Kan.).
NORTHEASTERN RALLY FALLS SHORT
Jermaine Sherman caught seven passes for 133 yards in Northeastern State's 27-21 loss to Missouri Southern in Joplin. Sherman caught a 69-yard touchdown pass from Johnny Deaton with 2:13 left in the game, helping draw the RiverHawks within six points. Northeastern State failed to recover the onside kick, and Missouri Southern (2-0, 2-0 MIAA) ran out the clock.
Deaton threw for 287 yards and two touchdowns.
Northeastern State (0-2, 0-2 MIAA) will play at Washburn (Kan.) next Saturday.
RANGERS FAIL IN UPSET BID
Northwestern Oklahoma State fell to 0-2 after its 41-24 loss to Colorado State-Pueblo in Alva. The Rangers recovered from a 20-point deficit and owned a 21-20 lead in the third quarter. But Colorado State-Pueblo quarterback Ross Dausin rallied the Rocky Mountain Athletics Conference school with three touchdown drives. Dausin helped account for four TDs on the afternoon.
Colorado State-Pueblo (2-0, No. 6 in NCAA Division II) has won 17 consecutive regular season games.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15155OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10481Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 7111Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6362Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6344Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5951Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4162As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in