Oklahoma State DT Littlehead charged with assault
TAHLEQUAH, Okla. (AP) — Oklahoma State defensive tackle Christian Littlehead has been charged with misdemeanor assault and battery, and a warrant has been issued for his arrest.
The district attorney's office in Cherokee County filed the charge against Littlehead on Thursday after a woman reported to police that Littlehead punched her in the face and knocked her down at a birthday party in March, causing her to scrape her knees and cut her hand.
The charge was first reported by the Tulsa World.
The 6-foot-2, 312-pound Littlehead played in 12 games last season and started four times for the Cowboys, recording one sack. He was listed as a backup this season.
Littlehead was suspended for the Fiesta Bowl last season after being charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. He pleaded guilty and received a six-month deferred sentence.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates