Oklahoma State Fair draws crowds with music, rodeo, food and fun
The Oklahoma State Fair remains one of the most popular events in the state, featuring live performances, a rodeo, carnival rides, fair food and livestock competitions. Each year, hundreds of thousands of people hit State Fair Park to take in the sights, sounds and tastes.
One could argue it's the most popular event in the state. In fact, it may not even be close.
More than 835,000 people went to last year's Oklahoma State Fair, and that was during a time where bad weather affected attendance. The year before, about 915,000 attended.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The fair, to be held Sept. 16-26 this year, features music acts, livestock competitions, a rodeo, carnival rides and a whole lot of food that keeps packing people in to the tune of nearly a million visitors a year.
Bulls, concerts and more
One of the bigger events at the fair will be the Xtreme Bulls Tour rodeo, which will feature top bull riders Sept. 24-25.
Concerts coinciding with the rodeo include Josh Turner on Sept. 24 and Jake Owen on Sept. 25.
Speaking of music, many other concerts will be held during the fair. Acts include Grand Funk Railroad, Candy Coburn, The Marshall Tucker Band and MC Hammer, among others.
Daily music acts from local artists will also be held at various venues at State Fair Park.
Disney on Ice
Another major attraction is Disney on Ice, which will perform "Let's Celebrate" this year. The performance will focus on holiday celebrations held around the world and will have appearances by Disney characters from several movies, including newer characters from "The Princess and the Frog."
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 72395Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14464Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8451Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7239How to help tornado victims
- 6453Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6316Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6292Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community