Oklahoma State football: Alamo, Buffalo Wild Wings, Holiday bowls on the table for Cowboys
Following its 41-34 loss at Baylor to close out the regular season, Oklahoma State's bowl possibilities have shifted. The official announcement of where the Cowboys will play their postseason football will come Sunday, but here's a look at the most likely destinations:
Videoview all videos
Dec 1Costly mistakes and turnovers led to a 41-34 loss to...
Dec 1The Cowboys lose the final game of the year to Baylor,...
Photoview all 24 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Dec. 29 in San Antonio
With Kansas State and Oklahoma both expected to be BCS-bound, this is the natural landing spot for the Big 12's fourth-place team. But will the Alamo instead opt to select TCU, one of the conference's new teams and a fan base that would be excited to travel to San Antonio? This bowl would feature a Pac-12 opponent, most likely UCLA or Oregon State.
BUFFALO WILD WINGS BOWL
Dec. 29 in Tempe, Ariz.
If TCU is the Alamo's pick, the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl is next in line. OSU and Texas Tech are both reportedly on the bowl's radar, though the Cowboys played in the desert — albeit in the Fiesta Bowl — last season. This bowl would feature a Big Ten opponent, most likely Michigan State.
Dec. 27 in San Diego
It's hard to imagine the Cowboys falling any farther than this. OSU last played in San Diego in 2008. This bowl would feature a Pac-12 team, most likely Oregon State or UCLA.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17743Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11674Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10443Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10260OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10191Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9850Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9805Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments