Oklahoma State football: Are the Cowboys stepping into a bear trap in Waco?
OSU FOOTBALL — The December version of the Baylor Bears look a lot different than they did earlier in the season. Baylor has won three of its last four, including an upset of No. 1 Kansas State, and is scoring points in bunches. Oklahoma State and Baylor kick off at 11 a.m. Saturday in Waco, Texas.
Videoview all videos
Nov 30Nov. 29, 2012: Mike Sherman leads a sports roundtable...
Nov 29There are a few conference champhionship games that will...
Nov 29Todd Monken has built a strong offensive corps in...
Nov 30Even though OSU has dominated the series against Baylor,...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“Everybody only remembers November, so we are playing well at the right time,” Lackey said. “We are able to produce and come up with turnovers or whatever it is. We have been able to turn the games around and help our offense.”
Saturday's result could, really, change the perception of OSU's entire season.
Win, and the Cowboys finish 8-4 and will be on their way to a solid bowl game, despite a revolving door at quarterback and a bevy of injuries throughout the season. That's a successful season.
Lose, and the Cowboys finish 7-5, ride a two-game skid into the postseason and slide down the bowl pecking order. That's a mediocre season.
It all hinges on an early December trip to Waco. And OSU coach Mike Gundy is confident in his team's ability to rebound from the Bedlam disappointment and finish the regular season strong.
“I don't think there's any question it's a challenge for us as coaches and players that we recover,” Gundy said. “It starts with us. We have to get over it first, and then we have to make sure our players understand, which they do.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in