Oklahoma State football: Arizona players want revenge
Wildcats center Kyle Quinn said: “I feel like we are pretty confident playing these guys. We get them at home this year. Everybody is going to be fired up, and ‘Zona Zoo is going to be rocking.”
OSU claims two wins over Arizona among its last 15 games — in the 2010 Alamo Bowl and Week 2 last year — and goes for No. 3 on Saturday, in Tucson.
Videoview all videos
Sep 4Wildcats head coach Rich Rodriguez has brought a...
Sep 4Gina Mizell talks about how the defense is adjusting...
Sep 3OSU's head coach steps up to the podium to recap the...
Sep 3Wes Lunt had a perfect night, despite no touchdown...
Sep 3Reserve running back Desmond Roland receives the handoff...
Photoview all 43 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The Wildcats, however, are focused on halting the streak.
“It's personal,” said Arizona center Kyle Quinn. “I feel like we are pretty confident playing these guys. We get them at home this year. Everybody is going to be fired up and the 'Zona Zoo is going to be rocking.
“So it's going to be a good fight on Saturday night.”
This time, the Cowboys won't have quarterback Brandon Weeden or wide receiver Justin Blackmon, as well as several other key figures.
And doesn't Wildcat corner Shaquille Richardson know it — he's the guy who provided some smack talk about Blackmon, before the two-time Biletnikoff Award winner went off on him for 12 catches, 128 yards and two touchdowns a year ago.
Richardson awaits the arrival of new OSU quarterback Wes Lunt.
“I know he's young,” Richardson said. “That's going to be fun.”
NO LOOKING BACK
OSU's 84-0 rout of Savannah State served as a start to the season; a positive start.
And little more, as far as offensive coordinator Todd Monken is concerned.
“The only thing you can take away from it is that we had 11 guys on the field,” Monken said. “When we went tempo, we got lined up. Our process was good. A lot of young guys got to play.
“The reality is that you want to make sure you're playing good football. Our substitutions were good.”
POKES GOING TO SCHOOL ON RICH ROD
While the Cowboys are more than familiar with Arizona, these Wildcats come with a different look.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M