Oklahoma State football: Clint Chelf, Cowboys defense among few bright spots for OSU
Other than Clint Chelf's performance, there aren't a lot of positives to be had from Oklahoma State's 44-30 loss to Kansas State. Here's a look at Jenni Carlson's grades for Oklahoma State.
Videoview all videos
Nov 4Jenni Carlson and Gina Mizell talk about the loss for the...
Nov 4Another QB injury and five turnovers lead to a KSU win...
Photoview all 51 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The Wildcat faithful do it up right. Lots of purple. Lots of tailgating. The scene would've gotten an A grade, but when Willie the Wildcat did his traditional pregame stunt of tackling the opponent — a guy dressed up as an “OSU Cowboy” — he did it where the Cowboy kickers were warming up. A little too close, if you ask me. Would hate to see anyone blow a knee because a mascot hit ‘em in pregame.
The Cowboys' orange helmet, white jersey, orange pant combo was a solid, clean look. Just not anything super special about it.
COVERAGE TEAMS: D
Brutal. The Wildcats not only had the 100-yard kickoff return for a touchdown but also had three other returns for a combined 99 yards. And it wasn't just the guys trying to tackle the ball carrier. Quinn Sharp, who usually puts the ball in the end zone, wasn't on his game, and with calm winds, that wasn't the issue. The punt coverage team had its difficulty, too, allowing a big 39-yard return.
OSU FANS: A
Gotta give the Cowboy faithful some props. Against the No. 2 team in the country in an extremely hostile environment, OSU had a few thousand fans. And to the two Cowboy fans smack dab in the middle of the K-State student section at the 50-yard line — we salute you.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14605Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9594Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8009Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6980Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6486Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6299Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister