Oklahoma State football: Clint Chelf, the quarterback with no voice in his own story, can make a statement today
CLINT CHELF — Mike Gundy wouldn't let one of college football's feel-good stories speak for himself this week. But when Oklahoma State plays at Oklahoma, Chelf could make a statement that echos far beyond Saturday.
Videoview all videos
Nov 23John writes, "If OU wins out, and K State loses to Texas,...
Nov 23Can OSU stop OU's offense? Can OU stop OSU's offense?
Photoview all 6 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Chelf is about to make his first career start in the most hostile environment for a Cowboy quarterback. More than a decade has passed since one of them won in Norman, and only five of them have won on Sooner soil in the past 50 years.
Read that again.
Five in 50 years.
And as impressive as Chelf has been in his first two-plus games as the Cowboy quarterback, he has yet to face a secondary as good as the Sooners'. West Virginia and Texas Tech wish they has defensive backs as good as OU's.
Beating the Sooners would be a loud-and-clear statement about Chelf.
It would speak volumes during a week when he couldn't.
Jenni Carlson: Jenni can be reached at (405) 475-4125. Like her at facebook.com/JenniCarlsonOK, follow her at twitter.com/jennicarlson_ok or view her personality page at newsok.com/jennicarlson.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation