Oklahoma State football: Coach Mike Gundy thinks QB Wes Lunt will practice this week
The Oklahoman's Jenni Carlson, Gina Mizell, John Helsley and Anthony Slater are providing live coverage of today's press conference at OSU. It follows a bye week for the Cowboys. OSU takes on Texas in Stillwater on Friday at 6:50 P.M.
Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy said he thinks injured quarterback Wes Lunt will practice at some point this week.
Addressing the media at his weekly press conference, Gundy said the cast on Lunt's left leg was being removed today, but he wouldn't say if the true freshman would play on Saturday vs. Texas.
"I don't think he'll be out there practicing on Tuesday," Gundy said, "but we're excited about what we're hearing.
Lunt injured his left leg on the Cowboys sixth offensive snap against La. Lafayette on Sept. 15. He was replaced by redshirt freshman J.W. Walsh, who had a big game with 347 yards and four touchdowns through the air and 73 rushing yards and a rushing touchdown.
Here is a look at what else Gundy had to say on Monday:
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
Videoview all videos
Sep 25Will Lunt be ready to go for the Cowboys' first Big 12...
Sep 25Texas is a top-ten team, but just how good is Mack...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
- 21361Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10815Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8633Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8589Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8336Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7789Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7697Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister