Two other receivers — Austin Hays and Blake Webb — continue to be out with undisclosed injuries. Defensive tackle Anthony Rogers also missed Saturday's game due to injury.
During the game, Cowboys standout defensive tackle Calvin Barnett had to leave late following a violent collision. But Gundy said he was “OK” afterward.
LOWE IGNORED COACHES, SOUGHT THE END ZONE
When Daytawion Lowe picked off Sams for the final time Saturday, victory was clinched for the Cowboys, as long as Lowe didn't fumble.
Still, Lowe sought the end zone.
“When I took off and got about 30 yards, I heard the coaches on the sideline yelling, ‘Get down,'” Lowe said. “But at that point, I saw a free lane and just kept on running, making sure I held onto the ball.”
Gundy was one of those coaches yelling.
“I wanted him to slide,” Gundy said. “That's what I was thinking about after the first step. And since he's from down the street from where I grew up, I'll catch him later.”
Gundy, of course, played at Midwest City; Lowe at Carl Albert.
OSU SUSPENDS GILBERT FOR FIRST HALF
Gundy wasn't happy with starting cornerback Justin Gilbert following last week's loss at West Virginia, where the senior drew a flagrant personal foul penalty and was ejected.
As a result, Gilbert was suspended for the first half against Kansas State.
“Justin's behavior in that game was not representative of Oklahoma State football,” Gundy said. “I had a good talk with (Big 12 director of officials) Walt Anderson Tuesday and they didn't have any further discipline. The decision we made was essentially violation of team rules. That's not the way we want to handle ourselves.
“He handled it like a man. He practiced hard. His attitude was good. And he was excited to get back in the game.”
* Saturday's win was OSU's fourth in its last five meetings with Kansas State.
* The Cowboys are now 7-1 following a loss since 2010.
* The announced attendance of 58,841 marked the third-largest crowd in Boone Pickens Stadium history.
* OSU's captains were Jeremy Seaton, Caleb Lavey, Lowe and Miketavious Jones.
* Cornerback Tyler Patmon made his first career start in place of Gilbert.
* The Cowboys' first touchdown drive lasted 41 seconds. They now have scored on a drive of less than two minutes in 27 straight games and 43 of their last 44 contests.
* OSU committed just one penalty, matching the fewest in program history.
By John Helsley