Oklahoma State football: Cowboys offer scholarship to QB David Cornwell
RECRUITING — Edmond Santa Fe's Justice Hansen picks up offer from Auburn
The offseason momentum of the 2014 quarterback class kept going Wednesday when Norman North's David Cornwell and Edmond Santa Fe's Justice Hansen each picked up new scholarship offers.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Oklahoma State and Miami extended offers to Cornwell, who reported the offers on Twitter. He already had offers from Auburn, Indiana, Tulsa and Washington State.
Hansen added Auburn to his list, which included Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Missouri, Arkansas and Arizona State.
Cornwell, who played at Jones last year, is applying for a waiver from the Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association to play this season. Cornwell's eligibility clock began with the start of the 2009 season, though he didn't play varsity football until last year and did not play at all in 2011 as he took a mission trip to Africa.
Cornwell is the fifth in-state player offered by OSU for 2014. He threw for 2,742 yards and 27 touchdowns for Jones last year and ran for 755 yards and six scores.
Hansen threw for 3,079 yards with 36 touchdowns, while rushing for 733 yards and 14 TDs.
CLARK LEADS IN-STATE RIVALS250 PLAYERS
The state's class of football recruits for 2014 has long been thought of as one of the deepest in the last decade.
That received more validation Tuesday when six Oklahoma juniors were named to the Rivals250 list of the nation's top recruits.
Douglass defensive end Deondre Clark leads the way at No. 48. Norman North's Cornwell was next at No. 63.
Jenks defensive back Steven Parker is at No. 114, Edmond Santa Fe's Hansen is at No. 140, Broken Arrow running back Devon Thomas is at No. 155 and Broken Arrow linebacker Gyasi Akem is at No. 238.
Thomas is the only state player who is committed after switching from Oklahoma to Oklahoma State.
Only one state player — Southmoore's D.J. Ward — made the final Rivals250 last year.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 21533Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17671Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12448Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9610Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9529Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9416Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8233Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense