Oklahoma State football: Cowboys QB carousel turns again in loss to Kansas State
MANHATTAN, Kan. — Wes Lunt left Oklahoma State's game vs. Kansas State with an apparent concussion, but Clint Chelf came in and played admirably. But Chelf's play wasn't quite enough to lift the Cowboys over Kansas State.
Videoview all videos
Nov 4Jenni Carlson and Gina Mizell talk about the loss for the...
Nov 4Another QB injury and five turnovers lead to a KSU win...
Photoview all 51 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The quarterback questions are likely to linger into next week. But in Chelf, the Cowboys have the signal-caller who has been has been in the program for almost four seasons and knows their offensive system better than any quarterback. He also possesses some mobility — more than Lunt, but less than Walsh — as evidenced by his four carries for 33 yards Saturday night.
“I’ll be ready to play,” Chelf said. “I’ve always been ready to play.
“That’s how I’m going to approach it. I hope (Lunt’s) OK, but I’ll have to approach it as I’m the starter.”
And if Chelf starts against West Virginia, Jase Chilcoat becomes the backup. Chilcoat is a former walk-on from Midwest City, who was lured back to the program with a scholarship as the Cowboys’ third-team quarterback when Lunt sustained his first injury in September.
Monken has stressed that he believed the Cowboys had three solid quarterbacks coming out of spring football. He just didn’t expect he’d have to use them all. But the carousel keeps turning. And turning. And turning.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister