Oklahoma State football: Cowboys took note of OU's post-Bedlam celebration
OSU receiver Josh Stewart said: “It's definitely on. And I'm here for two more years of it.”
Sooner football fans and players lingered long after the victory, celebrating a wild and hard-earned decision that left the crimson crowd joyous in a barbecue-Bevo sort of way.
Videoview all videos
Nov 25In his last game on Owen Field, OU senior quarterback...
Nov 25Gina Mizell and Jenni Carlson break down the loss for the...
Nov 25What was the difference in the crazy Bedlam victory for...
Photoview all 104 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Except it was Bedlam.
Many associated with the south side of Bedlam have fervently resisted acknowledging the series as a legitimate rivalry. Their actions, however, reveal something entirely different.
And Saturday night's scene alongside Owen Field — where players all but produced a victory lap and fans bounced and rejoiced in the stands — didn't accompany a championship or a beatdown of Mack Brown.
And the Cowboys noticed.
“I can't speak for them,” said OSU coach Mike Gundy, “but a pretty big celebration.”
Said Cowboys sophomore receiver Josh Stewart, who finished with 11 catches for 150 yards and a touchdown: “It's definitely on. And I'm here for two more years of it.”
The effort that Les Miles began, Mike Gundy (and Boone Pickens) have furthered, making the rivalry a competitive high-stakes clash with regularity. In seven of the last 10 meetings, the Cowboys have been ranked. In four of the past five games, they've scored 41 points or more.
OU's Landry Jones knows a bit about Bedlam, as one of the few quarterbacks to make four starts in the series. He's played Texas in the Cotton Bowl and faced Nebraska before its departure for the Big Ten.
“For me, this rivalry is one of the better ones,” Jones said about Bedlam Saturday night. “Last year wasn't much fun. This one is the most special for sure. This one ranks up there high.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12287Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11384Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6956Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6508Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4900Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4357OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3734Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law