H: ° L: °,
Oklahoma State football: Cowboys won't beat ULL playing like they did vs. Arizona
BERRY TRAMEL COMMENTARY — Oklahoma State could be in for a long season if last Saturday was any indication. Play like the Cowboys did against Arizona and they'll be lucky to win more than a couple Big 12 games.
Videoview all videos
Sep 14Jenni and Berry pick the following games: Florida vs....
Sep 14Sept. 14, 2012: Mike Sherman leads a sports roundtable...
Sep 14Sophmore Jake Jenkins will take Evan Epstein's place in...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“We're going to come in focused,” Bassett said. “We're going to come in angry.”
Be careful. That's part of what troubled the Cowboys in Tucson. Defensive tackle Calvin Barnett, for example, was flagged for three personal fouls.
“Knowing Calvin Barnett personally, he's really a wired-up guy,” said OSU guard Jonathan Rush. “I can be upset at getting 15-yard penalties, but his passion for the game, that's something that can go both ways.”
But penalties were only part of the problem. Ball security was squishy; Joe Randle had another fumble, his sixth in six games, and the receivers were butterfingered. Defensive blunders were many, with ‘Zona receivers repeatedly running free in the middle.
Truth is, the Cowboys were bad. Very bad. Historically bad.
Time for the Cowboys to put their bad game behind them, because bad games equate to a bad team.
Berry Tramel: Berry can be reached at (405) 760-8080 or at email@example.com. He can be heard Monday through Friday from 4:40-5:20 p.m. on The Sports Animal radio network, including FM-98.1. You can also view his personality page at newsok.com/berrytramel.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21059Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6693OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5627Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4676Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4297Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater