Oklahoma State football: Debating the Cowboys' top priority Saturday against Oklahoma
POINT/COUNTERPOINT — The Oklahoman's OSU coverage team debates Oklahoma State's No. 1 priority in Saturday's Bedlam game at Oklahoma.
Videoview all videos
Nov 23John writes, "If OU wins out, and K State loses to Texas,...
Nov 23Can OSU stop OU's offense? Can OU stop OSU's offense?
Photoview all 6 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The Cowboys are capable in so many ways.
Yet they must do one thing first and foremost: run the football.
The run game was vital a year ago, when OSU routed the Sooners in Stillwater, establishing the Cowboys' dominance up front, with Joseph Randle and Jeremy Smith both rushing for more than 100 yards. Brandon Weeden didn't even bother throwing a touchdown pass.
It's more vital this year, on the road, with quarterback Clint Chelf making his first road start. There is no Justin Blackmon in this passing attack, which relies more on balance, which starts on the ground.
The Cowboys should be able to run, as the league's most-feared rushing attack, going against a Sooner defense that ranks No. 87 nationally against the run.
And they must run to win.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14891OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9440Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6703Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6232Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6155Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6060Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4124As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in