Oklahoma State football: Fan turnout about the only thing that went well for OSU vs. Baylor
The Cowboys had big problems on offense and on defense. No wonder they went to Waco and lost, 41-34.
CLINT CHELF: C
His most up-and-down day since he took over the starting quarterback position. He was 30 of 51 with two touchdowns and two interceptions, including a pick-six in the first half. There were times when Chelf and the offense clicked along, but just as quickly as they'd gotten going, Chelf would make a couple erratic throws and drives would stall. It was the difference in a game where OSU needed to score a bunch to keep pace with Baylor.
Videoview all videos
Dec 1Costly mistakes and turnovers led to a 41-34 loss to...
Dec 1The Cowboys lose the final game of the year to Baylor,...
Photoview all 24 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
DEFENSIVE FRONT: C
The Cowboys were playing without James Castleman, which put them in a hole from the start. Still, Baylor had too many big plays that either went through holes up the middle or came because quarterback Nick Florence wasn't pressured. The Bears rolled up 615 yards of offense, including 319 yards rushing.
DEFENSIVE SECONDARY: C
Another unit playing shorthanded. Even though Brodrick Brown played, injury was clearly hobbling the Cowboy defensive back. Justin Gilbert, Shamiel Gary and Co. failed to pick up the slack as Baylor threw for 296 yards on 23-of-39 passing. A couple of would-be interceptions were dropped, only adding to the secondary's bad day.
Couldn't beat the weather. Even though there was a stiff wind, it's hard to argue with sunny and 73 degrees on the first day of December. And the crowd, while several thousand short of a sellout, was good and loud. All of it made for a great day of football.
BLAKE JACKSON: F
Rough day for the Cowboy receiver. He had three catches but dropped two passes, and both would've been touchdowns. The Cowboys settled for field goals on both of the drives, so the drops cost them eight points in a game they lost by seven.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister