Oklahoma State football: Five players to watch in the Heart of Dallas Bowl
Here is a quick look at five (OK, technically seven) players to keep an eye on during the Heart of Dallas Bowl on Jan. 1:
1. OSU quarterbacks (Clint Chelf, Jr.; J.W. Walsh, Fr.; Wes Lunt, Fr.)
NewsOK Related Articles
It will be very interesting to see how OSU manages its quarterback situation. How is the J.W Walsh package that expanded a bit against Baylor used? Would this be a good time to get Wes Lunt back on the field for some game experience?
2. Robert Marve, Purdue, Sr., QB
Yes, the former Miami super recruit is still in college. He's battled knee injuries since transferring to Purdue, but has thrown for 787 yards, seven touchdowns and just one interception over his last three games. He's not an elite quarterback, but he will test OSU's suspect secondary.
3. Kawann Short, Purdue, Sr., DT
The first-team All-Big Ten selection and borderline first-round NFL Draft prospect is an absolute monster in the middle. He's tallied 42 tackles (14.5 for loss), six sacks, four pass breakups, one forced fumble and two fumble recoveries this season. He's also a force on special teams, blocking four — yes, four — kicks.
4. Joseph Randle, OSU, Jr., RB
Could this be the last time we see Randle running for the Cowboys? The first-team All-Big 12 back has had another excellent season for OSU, and will have a decision to make about the NFL Draft after this game.
5. Quinn Sharp, OSU, Sr., K/P
We know this is Sharp's last game in an OSU uniform. Enjoy watching one of the nation's best kickers and punters.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort