* OSU fullback Kye Staley's speed on a 52-yard touchdown pass earned high praise from Baldinger. “That doesn't look like a normal fullback. That looks like a big-time wide receiver turning the corner.”
* Baldinger said the Cowboys had something to prove after last week's disappointing loss at Arizona. “They are trying to score as many points as they can and make a statement.”
* However, he criticized OSU's onside kick after the Cowboys had taken a 38-0 lead in the second quarter. “Isn't this piling on?”
* On ESPN's “College GameDay” at Knoxville, Tenn., analyst Lee Corso and guest picker Kenny Chesney picked Tennessee to beat Florida. Analyst Kirk Herbstreit took the Gators.
* North Carolina, coached by former OSU offensive coordinator Larry Fedora, nearly pulled a miraculous comeback at Louisville before losing 39-34 when a fourth-and-goal pass fell incomplete. “What a comeback attempt for North Carolina,” ESPN play-by-bay announcer Bob Wischusen said of the Tar Heels, who trailed 36-7 at halftime.