Oklahoma State football game to air nationally
Fox Sports Net will show Cowboys' meeting with Louisiana-Lafayette.
After limited TV distribution in its first two games against Savannah State and Arizona, OSU will get national exposure on Fox Sports Net at 11 a.m. Saturday when the Cowboys host Louisiana-Lafayette. Joel Meyers, Brian Baldinger and Jim Knox (sideline reporter) will call the game.
Other national Big 12 telecasts on Saturday include TCU at Kansas at 11 a.m. on FX, North Texas at Kansas State at 6 p.m. on FSN and Texas at Ole Miss at 7:15 p.m. on ESPN.
— On former Mississippi State football coach Sylvester Croom's 58th birthday Tuesday, ESPNU at 6 p.m. will debut “Croom,” which chronicles Croom's rise to become the SEC's first black head football coach.
— ESPN's “College GameDay” will make its first visit to Knoxville, Tenn., since 2004 on Saturday to preview the Florida-Tennessee game. The Vols are 2-5 on “GameDay” appearances. The game will air at 5 p.m. on ESPN.
— Kansas City Chiefs fans who complain the Chiefs aren't on TV often are in luck. They will be on KWTV-9 the next two Sundays. KWTV has the doubleheaders both weeks with Kansas City-Buffalo and N.Y. Jets-Pittsburgh this Sunday and Kansas City-New Orleans and Houston-Denver on Sept. 23. With the later 3:25 p.m. kickoffs for the second game, CBS has pushed back its prime-time programming a half-hour with “60 Minutes” airing at 6:30 p.m.
— HBO's “Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel” profiles NBA legend and new Dodgers owner Magic Johnson in its next edition, which debuts at 9 p.m. Tuesday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in