Oklahoma State football: J.W. Walsh, Josh Stewart pick up right where they left off
OSU FOOTBALL — As true freshmen with the Cowboys last year, Denton (Texas) Guyer products J.W. Walsh and Josh Stewart were left to work on their chemistry via video games. But Saturday vs. Louisiana-Lafayette, the duo hooked back up on the football field, leading OSU to a 65-24 romp.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 59 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Indeed, Walsh wasn't locked in only on Stewart Saturday. Ten Cowboys finished with at least one reception and Blake Jackson actually led OSU in receiving yards with 112, also catching a touchdown throw from Walsh, as did Kye Staley.
Still, Stewart did lead the team in receptions.
“It's a blessing to be able to play with him, after playing with him in high school,” Stewart said, “especially for him being my best friend.
“He did a good job of putting the ball on the money, not only to me, but to all the receivers. I'm proud of him.”
Stewart may consider asking Walsh to contain himself somewhat on any future scoring connections. After the 33-yarder – a strike over the middle that led to Stewart splitting the last line of defense for the touchdown – Walsh was literally the first one there to celebrate, racing to the end zone and crashing into Stewart.
“Man, he knocked the wind out of me,” Stewart said. “He hit me harder than (the Ragin' Cajuns) were. It was exciting though.”
Said Walsh: “When I saw him catch it, I wasn't sure if he was going to score or not. When I saw him run into the end zone, it was pure excitement. I couldn't control myself running up to him. When I got to him, I didn't know what I was going to do, what I was going to say. But it was special.”
Walsh to Stewart, just like old times.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14189Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12474Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11484OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9977Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8873Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7409Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 7240Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated