Oklahoma State football: J.W. Walsh out for season with knee injury
Quarterback suffered injury during first quarter Saturday vs. Iowa State, but he finished the game and led Cowboys to victory.
Videoview all videos
Oct 20Highlights from Mike Gundy's 63rd win as Oklahoma State's...
Oct 20Berry Tramel and Gina Mizell talk about the dominating...
Photoview all 38 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“I just got tackled and got up a little slow, but I’m fine,” Walsh said then.
Now it becomes even more crucial for the Cowboys that Lunt returns soon. Gundy said Lunt practiced last week and that he is “guessing” he will be ready to start Saturday against TCU. He has been available to play since OSU’s contest at Kansas on Oct. 13, according to Gundy.
Should Lunt start against TCU, Clint Chelf would become OSU’s backup quarterback. Former walk-on Jase Chilcoat, who returned to the team on scholarship when Lunt got hurt, would be third on the depth chart.
“It’s kind of the way it is,” Gundy said of the barrage of quarterback injuries. “You can only control what you can control. For me as a coach, I just hate it for the player…it just tears you up inside when you have to see a young man, when they’ve worked their tail off, they get put in those situations.
“As a team, we’re fine. We rally, other guys play and we keep rolling. But it’s just a heartbreaker for the coach when you see a young man that’s out for the year.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort