Oklahoma State football: Jake Jenkins starts at center in place of veteran Evan Epstein
With Evan Epstein out due to injury, Jake Jenkins got his first-career start at center in Oklahoma State's 65-24 victory against Louisiana-Lafayette. Jenkins talked about that experience, his emotions and the Cowboys' change at quarterback because of Wes Lunt's left knee injury.
Videoview all videos
Sep 16When starting QB Wes Lunt is lost to injury less then two...
Sep 15Gina Mizell and Jenni Carlson talk about the injury to...
Photoview all 60 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
How do you feel about your performance in your first-career start?
“It was good. I had fun. I went out there and played with everybody and just had a good game. I wanted to make the most of it. I was a little nervous. It's my first time starting in Boone Pickens Stadium, so it was a big deal.”
When you knew you were going to get the start, what was the preparation process like?
“It kind of started in Arizona, when Evan went down and I had to go in. I was a little nervous then. And then just coming back through the week, I've practiced with everybody before, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Today, it was just nerves, so it wasn't too bad. (Epstein) told me at the hotel last night, ‘Just make sure you look over everything.' He just said, ‘You're going to do good. I have faith in you.'”
How was the center-quarterback chemistry when the switch from Wes Lunt to J.W. Walsh happened?
“It was fine, because I've played with J.W., I've practiced with J.W. plenty. It wasn't a big deal at all.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17700Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8160OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6118Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5947OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4682Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4603Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater