Oklahoma State football: Jason Ray hired as Cowboys receivers coach
Oklahoma State has hired Jason Ray to coach wide receivers for the Cowboys. Ray has spent the past four seasons as a receivers coach at the University of Wyoming.
STILLWATER — Oklahoma State has hired former Wyoming assistant coach and Oklahoma native Jason Ray as its receivers coach, the school announced Thursday afternoon.
Videoview all videos
Jan 24Bill Belichick, Manti Te'o, Wes Welker, Westbrook swats a...
Photoview all photos
Ray, who hails from Porter and was a standout receiver at Broken Arrow High School, spent the past four seasons coaching running backs and wide receivers at Wyoming.
“We’re very excited to add Jason Ray to the staff,” OSU coach Mike Gundy said in a release. “He is an enthusiastic coach who brings a lot of energy to the staff. He has a great offensive mind.”
Ray replaces Doug Meacham, who left OSU to become the offensive coordinator at Houston.
“I had great conversations with Coach Gundy and really believe in his vision,” Ray said in a statement. “I look forward to working with Coach (Kasey) Dunn and building on the success OSU has had at the receiver position.
“Oklahoma State has been a dominant force in college football during the Gundy era and I'm extremely excited about joining the staff.”
Ray was a member of four bowl teams during his playing career at Missouri, serving as a team captain as a senior in 2007. Before joining the coaching staff at Wyoming, Ray was a development associate of the Tiger Scholarship Fund.
During his time at Wyoming, Ray recruited the states of Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas.
OSU still needs to hire an offensive coordinator after Todd Monken left in December to become the head coach at Southern Miss.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12959Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12323OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10047Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8563Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6689Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6158Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated