Oklahoma State football: Joseph Randle offered by Jayhawks — in fourth grade
Randle said Missouri's Gary Pinkel and Kansas State's Bill Snyder dangled scholarship at that time, too.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Still, it didn't go over well with critics.
COWBOYS STRESSING TAKEAWAYS
OSU ranks 101st nationally in turnover margin, a startling stat for a team that has used the takeaway to a major advantage the past three seasons.
The Cowboys led the country with 44 take-aways a year ago, yet have managed just four in four games thus far this season.
“We've been working on it every day,” said OSU defensive coordinator Bill Young. “We worked on it (Sunday) night. We're just emphasizing it to no end.
“Eventually it will turn around. The ball is going to bounce the right way or we'll get a tipped pass. I've always felt turnovers come in droves, and hopefully we'll have one of those five turnover games soon and try to catch up. We're definitely behind, and we have to do something to make up ground.”
NO LOOKING BACK ON TEXAS
Due to a bye week, the Cowboys had extra time to lament a last-minute loss to Texas.
If there were any regrets, center Evan Epstein said that's all over now.
“We have an ‘L' in the books, so sitting there and thinking about it is going to do absolutely nothing for us,” Epstein said. “One of the greatest things about our team and about our coaching staff is that we have a really short-term memory.
“We're going to move on and prepare for the next game. We're not even thinking about Texas. We're thinking about Kansas.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12675Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11502Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6315Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5431Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 5078Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4467OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3964How to help tornado victims