Oklahoma State football: Joseph Randle's competition with OU's Blake Bell moves one state south
JOSEPH RANDLE Q&A — The Oklahoma State running back grew up in Wichita, competing with and against Oklahoma quarterback Blake Bell. Their rivalry began when Bell's sixth-grade basketball team beat Randle's. But the Cowboys' leading rusher got the last laugh in the 2011 Bedlam football game.
Videoview all videos
Mar 20Jenni Carlson and Gina Mizell discuss what the future...
Photoview all photos
“Yeah, I wanted him to come here, but we didn't offer him. He would have came here and told me, ‘I would have loved to go here but they didn't offer me.' And OU did, so that's just how it went.”
Did his breakout season last year surprise you at all?
“Oh no, he's an absolute athlete. He's a 6-6 athlete that you can't do much about.”
You got him last year in the Bedlam game, two rushing touchdowns to one. Did you give him any grief for that?
“He actually text me right before the game and said, ‘Man, I hope I get about three or four.' Then he asked me if I was going to match that. I was just like, ‘I don't know, we going to see.' So we got a little competition going.”
By Anthony Slater, For The Oklahoman
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81417Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31213Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 29647Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8211Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7508Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7403Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday