Oklahoma State football: Lyndell Johnson knows he's counted on to make the big plays
OSU linebacker Lyndell Johnson talked with The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell about his season, the injury and his goals for 2013.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 6 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“When I go out on the field, I know my team's always counting on me. Every time I go on the field, they're always telling me they're waiting for the pick-six or waiting for the sack. Because they're telling me when I'm out there, I'm always making big plays.”
What are your goals for 2013?
“Moving up, being one of those leaders on and off the field that (teammates) can come to if they need anything. Just being a role model. We're losing a few leaders on defense like Cooper Bassett and Nigel (Nicholas), so hopefully I can step in and one of those spots that they had.”
One of the starting linebacker spots will be open, too. Is that something you have your eye on?
“Oh, yeah. Trying to move up. Trying to put on some more pounds this summer so I can hold that spot down for the season and stay healthy.”
You are a smaller guy at linebacker. How tough is it to keep weight on?
“I gain some weight, and then I lose it. It never just stays with me. But this summer, I'm going to work harder to try to keep some weight on and see if that changes. I'm hoping it does.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims