Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy expects quarterback Wes Lunt back in lineup soon
Cowboys coach said it is important not to rush Lunt. The bye week will give Lunt's knee more time to heal.
Injured quarterback Wes Lunt tossed a few passes on the side during OSU's standard light workout Sunday night.
When will he return for real?
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Cowboys coach Mike Gundy said perhaps later this week.
“He's doing better,” Gundy said Monday during his weekly turn on SiriusXM's College Sports Today show. “I think by the end of the week, he'll be out there and throwing it in practice with us. That type of injury is all based on flexibility and the strength that he can get and how fast he can get it back.
“At the latter part of the week last week, he didn't have enough of it.”
After taking Monday off, the Cowboys will practice through Thursday, before coaches release them for the weekend, due to the bye week.
Gundy said it was important not to rush Lunt, who suffered a knee injury against Louisiana-Lafayette. And there's no need, with two weeks before the next game.
“Because of the youth and his career, we want to make sure he's full speed, feels comfortable — both physically and mentally — before we put him back out there,” Gundy said. “But we're thinking he should be back out later in the week.”
OSU-KANSAS TIME SET
The kickoff time for OSU's next game — Oct. 13 at Kansas — has been set for 2:30 p.m.
The game will be televised on Fox Sports Net. It will mark the Cowboys' second appearance on the network this season, after also beating Louisiana-Lafayette on FSN.
CLOSE NOT GOOD ENOUGH
Reflecting on the loss to Texas, the case can be made that one play here or there might have swung the 41-36 game OSU's way.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena