Oklahoma State football notebook: Cowboys dismiss hangover talk
Videoview all videos
Dec 1Costly mistakes and turnovers led to a 41-34 loss to...
Dec 1The Cowboys lose the final game of the year to Baylor,...
Photoview all 24 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“Cant' wait to see it,” said Cowboys defensive coordinator Bill Young. “We were blitzing right there. We had two linebackers going to the spot. And they just creased us.
“I think our safety got confused, rolled the wrong way. And we didn't have anybody coming down. It was a bad combination. It was a huge play in the ballgame, too.”
Seastrunk, who has bolstered an already potent Baylor offense, finished with 178 yards on 16 carries.
BRILES, BEARS FINALLY GET COWBOYS
Baylor's improvement under coach Art Briles has featured some landmark wins over Texas and Oklahoma and others.
Before Saturday, Baylor had taken down every current member of the Big 12 in the Briles era with the exception of West Virginia (one meeting)… and Oklahoma State.
Even with Robert Griffin III the past two seasons, the Bears couldn't break through, actually getting routed in both meetings. And their frustration showed.
Saturday ended that.
“It's very big and it's a really good feeling,” said Baylor senior safety Mike Hicks. “Our seniors who have been through this program had this win coming to them.”
Said Briles: “Really, today was about getting respect. When we are standing on the street corner, we have to find room and we have not done that with OSU.”
GUNDY STILL CONFIDENT IN COWBOYS
Following Sunday's bowl announcement, revealing OSU's postseason destination, the team will have several weeks to regroup from a two-game losing streak ending the regular season.
Gundy said he doesn't anticipate any major rebuilding, with the late losses more attributable to an inexperienced roster and a league that features eight teams with at least seven wins.
“I think our guys are fine, I really do,” Gundy said. “I just think there's parity in this league. When you play on the road, there's no gimmes in this league for the most part. When that happens, it's a battle week to week. And you're going to see more teams that finish in that six, seven win category and not as many in that 10 and 11 category.
“That's probably what the future is in this league.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10625Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9988Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9782Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6778Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4215Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4087Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates