QUAKE FELT INSIDE BPS
Just before the snap on Ben Grogan's 41-yard field goal in the second quarter, many inside Boone Pickens Stadium felt a rumble.
It wasn't a roar of the crowd.
It was a 4.5 magnitude earthquake, centered northwest of Jones and felt across the state.
The Cowboys kicker wasn't affected, as he connected, giving OSU a 10-7 lead at the time.
WEBB'S FATHER COMES THROUGH
One of 28 seniors celebrated before Saturday's game, OSU's Brandon Webb had hoped to convince his father Terry to wear orange onto the field for Senior Day festivities.
Terry, an All-American at OU in the 70s, while supportive of his son, has had an aversion to orange and OSU gear during his Brandon's time as a Cowboy.
Alas, dad came through.
“We talked it over and he said he would do it for me on this day,” Brandon said after the game. “He did it for me. I'm proud of him. I know it hurt him a little bit, probably, but I'm proud of him.”
Terry wore a bright orange sweatshirt from the Heart of Dallas Bowl last season, as well as an OSU stocking cap.
“I think he looked good in it,” Brandon said.
* Saturday's crowd of 58,520 was a record high for a Bedlam game in Stillwater. The previous best was 58,141 in 2011.
* The loss snapped OSU's nine-game winning streak at home, dating back to last year's Texas game.
* The Cowboys' 99-yard touchdown drive in the opening quarter was their second of that distance this season and their fourth of 90-plus. OSU also went 99 yards for a score against Baylor.
* OSU finished with 400 yards of offense – 200 rushing and 200 passing. It was the ninth time to reach 400 this season.
* Cowboys junior Desmond Roland finished with 144 rushing yards, his third 100-yard rushing game this season.
* OSU's captains Saturday: seniors Graham, Kye Staley, Caleb Lavey and Connor Sinko.