Oklahoma State football notebook: Purdue notices Cowboys' 'crazy numbers'
The Big 12's reputation for prolific offense has caught the attention of the Boilermakers
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The Heart of Dallas Bowl won't feature nearly the same amount of hubbub that surrounds the Cotton Bowl during the Texas State Fair. Or when the Cotton Bowl was actually played at the Cotton Bowl.
But perhaps the greatest perk of playing in that bowl is the chance to take the field inside one of college football's most historic stadiums.
OSU linebacker Caleb Lavey, who grew up near Dallas in the town of Celina, is looking forward to the opportunity.
“I never thought I'd get to (play there), because I didn't go to Texas or OU,” Lavey said. “But I'm very excited.”
GUNDY ROOTING FOR REST OF BIG 12
Bowl games are often about conference bragging rights, and the Big 12 got off to a fantastic start Thursday night with Baylor's 49-26 thrashing of No. 17 UCLA in the Holiday Bowl.
Gundy is, of course, hoping for similar performances from the rest of the Big 12 schools.
“I thought it was interesting that some people across the country think that the Big 12 offenses are maybe not as good, based on (that) the defenses are average,” Gundy said. “And I haven't felt that way. So hopefully the Big 12 teams will play well.
“It's good for all of us when they do play well, like Baylor did.”
Three Big 12 schools play Saturday, with West Virginia facing Syracuse in the Pinstripe Bowl, Texas taking on Oregon State in the Alamo Bowl and TCU matching up with Michigan State in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl.
By Gina Mizell and Berry Tramel
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister