Oklahoma State football: Purdue is far from a 'gimmee' for the Cowboys
Boilermakers had unbeatens Notre Dame and Ohio State on the ropes before losing
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The Boilermakers were not pushed around by either Ohio State or Notre Dame. They virtually matched the Buckeyes in total yards.
But that level of play was nowhere to be found in Purdue losses of 44-13 to Michigan, 38-14 to Wisconsin, 44-28 at Minnesota and 34-9 to Penn State.
Narrow victories over Iowa (27-24) and Illinois (20-17) gave Purdue a chance at bowl eligibility, which the Boilermakers achieved with a 56-35 drubbing of Indiana.
“We kind of got the ball moving a little bit,” said quarterback Robert Marve. “We're extremely happy about the bowl game. There's no other way we want to go out but with the win.”
Said Short: “We had high expectations. We didn't come up to it. But we did … get to a bowl game.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 33746Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15554Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10129Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9883Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8114Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8089Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister