Oklahoma State football: Purdue's road to the Heart of Dallas Bowl
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
OCT. 20 — LOST 29-22 (OT) AT OHIO STATE
Purdue gave up a game-tying touchdown drive — complete with a successful two-point conversion — in the final minute, with Ohio State backup quarterback Kenny Guiton leading the charge. The Boilermakers could not answer Ohio State's touchdown in overtime.
OCT. 27 — LOST 44-28 AT MINNESOTA
Robert Marve replaced Caleb TerBush at quarterback in the third quarter, but it wasn't enough in a game Purdue trailed 44-7.
NOV. 3 — LOST 34-9 VS. PENN STATE
The Boilermakers' tumble continued, as Penn State quarterback Matt McGloin passed for 321 yards in the Nittany Lion victory.
NOV. 10 — WON 27-24 AT IOWA
Purdue finally snapped its five-game losing streak, with Paul Griggs nailing a 46-yard field goal as time expired to lift the Boilermakers to victory.
NOV. 17 — WON 20-17 AT ILLINOIS
The Boilermakers never trailed and held off a fourth-quarter rally by Illinois to capture back-to-back conference road wins for the first time since 2009.
NOV. 24 — WON 56-35 VS. INDIANA
Running back Akeem Shavers scored three times in less than five minutes in the fourth quarter to help blow the game open and keep the Old Oaken Bucket in West Lafayette.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21361Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10815Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8633Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8589Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8336Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7789Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7697Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister