Oklahoma State football: Q&A with linebacker Alex Elkins
Oklahoma State linebacker Alex Elkins sat down with The Oklahoman after the Cowboys' 41-34 loss to Baylor:
What was behind the defensive struggles throughout the game?
“We gave up big plays because we were not in the right positions. Whenever you make mental errors like that, and they capitalize, that is what is going to happen.”
What's the mood now after losing back-to-back games?
“It is another game and it is over for me. I feel just like any week. I have got to get ready for the next opponent.”
Why has this team had trouble winning on the road?
“The Big 12 has so much competition that anything could happen any week. You saw Baylor knock off No. 1 (Kansas State). It is really a week-to-week basis and you cannot look at it any different than that. They got the best of us this week. That is just the game we play.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims